Benefits of the PCard:
- Simplify the purchasing and payment process
- Expedite the ordering and delivery of goods and services
- Eliminate the need for issuing requisitions and processing invoices
- Provide significant cost savings in the procurement/payment process
- Allow the department to have direct contact with suppliers
- Provide electronic control and accountability
Authorization controls can be established for each PCard limiting the per transaction and monthly dollar amounts, as well as the types of merchants that may be used. Additionally, the card allows the cardholder to charge work-related expenses directly to the appropriate Institute accounts. Each card is assigned a default project ID and account number to which transactions will be automatically charged. Charges may be reallocated, if necessary, through the Institute’s wed based distribution system, Works Pcard Manager (WPM). PCard transactions load to WPM daily and remain available for review and redistribution for 7 calendar days before being posted to the General Ledger.